Portmoni doesn’t provide email hosting, but if you buy a domain through Portmoni, or transfer your domain to Portmoni, then we can set up forwarding email addresses for your custom domain for free.
For example, if your custom domain is my-own-domain.com, we can set up a forwarder from [email protected] to [email protected] All emails sent to [email protected] will then automatically arrive in your Gmail inbox.
Then, to send email from your custom domain address [email protected], you just need some additional configuration. Gmail allows to easily answer and send emails using your own domain address, and is our recommended provider.
To do that, ask your SMTP credentials to the Portmoni support team, and then follow the steps below:
1. Go to Gmail and under “Settings > Accounts and Import > Send mail as“, and click “Add another email address”.
2. In the “Name” field, enter the name that you want your email to be seen as “From” (e.g. Your Name).
3. In the “Email address” field, enter the email address with the custom domain you used above (e.g. [email protected])
4. Click “Next Step” to proceed
5. In the “SMTP Server” field, enter smtp.mailgun.org, and leave the port as 587
6. In the “Username” field, enter the SMTP username that we sent to you. Typically it will be your full email address (e.g. [email protected]).
7. In the “Password” field, paste the SMTP password that we sent to you.
8. Leave the radio button checked to “Secured connection using TLS”.
9. Click “Add Account” to proceed.
10. Open a new tab to Gmail and wait for your verification email to arrive (you will receive a verification code that confirms you are the owner of the email address you are attempting to “Send Mail As”).
11. Once it arrives, copy and paste the verification code at the prompt you received in the previous step.
12. Once you’ve done that, go back to the email and click the link to “Confirm the request”. You need to do this step and the previous step for the email to be correctly configured.
14. Now, when you compose a new message, in the ‘From’ field you can chose from which address you would like the email to be sent!