To transfer your site content between Portmoni and other systems, you can use a specially-formatted spreadsheet to export that data. Portmoni uses CSV (comma-separated value) files to perform this task. This can be helpful for several tasks, like creating a backup of your site.
Export the content of your website and online store
To export the content of your site, you can just navigate to the “Account” tab in your site editor at https://builder.portmoni.com , and click on “Download website data” in the “Export / Download your data” section. Your backup files will then automatically be created, and you will be able to download and save it to your device.
Description of the format of the export file
The first line of your CSV file is the column headers that describe the content of each column. Each column is separated by a comma. The following lines (or records) in the file contain data of your site using the same columns in that exact same order.
Here is the description of the different columns:
- Section Handle: the (unique) identifier of the section in which this item is located
- Section Name: the name of the section in which this item is located
- Handle: the (unique) identifier of this item
- Name: the name of the item
- Description (HTML): the description of the item
- Picture: the picture associated to the item
- Category: the category and sub-category, if any
- Section Specific Data: data specific to a section, like the link to a form or the author of a blog post
- Price: the price (for products)
- Compare At Price: the compare at price (for products)
- SKU: the SKU (for products)
- Is Visible: is the product currently visible on the site
- Quantity In Stock: the quantity in stock, if the quantity is tracked (for products)
- Option 1 Name: the name of the first option (for products with variants)
- Option 1 Value: the value of the first option (for products with variants)
- Option 2 Name: the name of the second option (for products with variants)
- Option 2 Value: the value of the second option (for products with variants)
- Option 3 Name: the name of the third option (for products with variants)
- Option 3 Value: the value of the third option (for products with variants)
We hope this helps, and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any question!