Did you know you can link your Portmoni online store with Facebook Commerce and Instagram?
Using Portmoni, you can link the products in your online store to your Facebook Commerce Catalog, and automatically add your products to Facebook Page shops, Instagram Shopping and the Facebook Marketplace.
All your products are already created on your online store, where you can easily manage them. Since your product data is already stored on your website, the only thing left to do is to link that data with Facebook Commerce. The way this is done is that the data is sent to Facebook in a format known as a Product Feed. Your website editor automatically creates that feed for you, and all is needed is to tell Facebook where to find it. The product feed is available as part of all the advanced packages in Portmoni.
Let’s see how to link your Portmoni online store and Facebook Commerce through your Facebook Business Manager.
Step 1 – Get your Product Feed URL from your Portmoni Account
- In your Portmoni site editor, go to “Edit my site” > “Advanced online store” > “Google Shopping & Facebook Marketplace”
- Click on “Google and Facebook Shopping – Edit”
- On the following page, you will see a section on the page called “Facebook Commerce”
- In that section, copy your feed URL, which will look like this: https://www.example.co.za/feeds/products/facebook/
Step 2 – Link your Product Feed to Facebook Commerce
1. Visit your Facebook Business Manager on https://business.facebook.com/ and login (or create an account if you do not already have one)
2. In your Facebook Business Manager, go to “Data Sources” > “Catalogs”. Click on “Add”, and select the option “Create a new catalog”
3. Enter a name for your catalog, and select “Products” as your catalog type. Click on “Create Catalog”
4. Then, in your catalog, click on “Add items”, and select the option “Add multiple items.
5. Select the option “Data Feed” as your preferred option, and click on Next
6. Select “Scheduled Feed” as you upload option, and click on Next
7. In the “Enter URL” box, paste your Product Feed URL that you have copied during the Step 1 – it will look like https://www.example.co.za/feeds/products/facebook/ . There is no username and password. Click on Next
8. Select Daily early in the morning (at 4am for instance) as the schedule update – this is usually a good choice, or any other option of your choice. Click on Next
9. Name your data source (for instance using your website URL) and select your currency, and click Next
10. The import of your feed starts, and is soon completed! Note that if you have not specified the “Google Product Category” in your Portmoni website editor, at this stage you will see a warning for your import. You can safely ignore this warning, or you can go back to your site editor, add your Google Product Category and fetch the feed again to fix it.
11. If you have other errors, go back, fix them, re-fetch, and keep doing so until the feed is error free. Sometimes it is necessary to delete and re-create your catalog in Facebook for some changes to appear.
Facebook will now start pulling your products from your website based on the schedule your defined, and will automatically update them when you make changes in your site editor. You will be able to use these products in Facebook Page shops, Instagram Shopping and the Facebook Marketplace. Well done!