Link Google Shopping to your Portmoni online store and let millions of shopper’s find your products
Google offers a way to easily load your products to Google Shopping, and in this guide we are going to see exactly how to do that. All your products are already available on your online store, where you can easily manage them, and you can just tell Google how to find them, and then let them automatically update your products when you make changes on your site.
The way this is done is that the data is sent to Google in a format known as a Product Feed. Your website editor automatically creates that feed for you, and all is needed is to tell Google where to find it. The product feed is available as part of all the advanced packages in Portmoni.
Let’s see how to link your Portmoni online store and Google Shopping, through the Google Merchant Center.
Step 1 – Get your Product Feed URL from your Portmoni Account
- In your Portmoni site editor, go to “Edit my site” > “Advanced online store” > “Google Shopping & Facebook Marketplace”
- Click on “Google and Facebook Shopping – Edit”
- On the following page, you will see a section on the page called “Google Shopping”
- In that section, copy your feed URL, which will look like this: https://www.example.co.za/feeds/products/google/
Step 2 – Link your Product Feed to Google Shopping
1. Login to Google Merchant Center or create an account it you do not already have one
2. Add your website address to Google Merchant Center. It could be for instance https://www.buildyoursite.co.za . Then, verify the ownership of the domain name. The recommended method is to use the “Add an HTML tag” to your site. It will provide you with a meta tag that you can copy and paste in the “Custom HTML and CSS” section of your site (you can find it in the “Advanced options” in your site editor).
4. In the “Review policies” section, review the policies and accept them if you agree. In the “Program policies”, add the link to your shipping policy page. You can activate this page and complete it in the “Other sections” of your site editor. The address will look like https://www.buildyoursite.co.za/pages/shipping/
6. Then, navigate to ‘Products’ on the left menu, and click on ‘Upload multiple products’.
7. Fill out the basic information under ‘basic Information’ section and click ‘Continue’.
8. Then, give your feed a name, such as ‘Website Feed’, select ‘Scheduled Fetch’, and click ‘Continue’.
9. Under ‘File name’, enter ‘Website Feed’ or anything of your choice (this is not used in that case). You can leave the Frequency, time and timezone as they are. In the ‘File URL’ field, provide your feed URL from the Step 1 above (it will look like https://www.example.co.za/feeds/products/google/ ). There is no username or password.
You are done! Google will now start pulling your products from your website daily, and will automatically update them when you make changes in your site editor.To manually request a first pull of the data, you can also go to your feed and click on “Fetch now” in your Google Merchant Center account. Google will then retrieve your products and process the file to add them to the Merchant Center.