In this guide we describe the steps to add Google AdSense to your website, to start making money from your website by displaying ads to your visitors.
Google AdSense is a program run by Google that allows you to serve ads from other organizations on your own website. Google handles the process of choosing the ads to display, and then Google will share with you the revenue generated from these ads when they are seen or clicked.
Follow the steps below to activate Google AdSense on your website.
- To finalize the setup of your Google AdSense account you will need to have your own domain from the package “Your professional hosting + your own domain”.
- You can setup Google AdSense before having your domain, but you will need it to be fully activated on your site.
- You will manage your ads directly in your Google AdSense account. Portmoni does not take any commission on your Google AdSense account.
First, create your Google AdSense account
- Visit https://www.google.com/adsense/start
- Click Sign up now.
- Enter the URL of the site that you want to show ads on.
- Enter your email address.
- Click Save and continue.
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- Select your country or territory.
- Review and accept the AdSense Terms and Conditions.
- Click Create account.
- Once you are signed in to your AdSense account get your Google AdSense code and copy it. This is what you will need to link your AdSense account to your site in Portmoni. It will look like: <script data-ad-client=”ca-pub-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx” async src=”https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js”></script>
You can also find these steps described in details in the Google AdSense support page at https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/7402253?hl=en
Then, link your website in Portmoni to your Google Adsense account
- Log in your Pormoni account at https://builder.portmoni.com
- Navigate to the “Edit your website” screen
- Click on “Other settings”
- Click on “Display ads from other organizations on your site”
- In the form, paste you Google AdSense code
- Your Google AdSense code is now automatically added on your site!
- Google will then review your application, and contact you in a few days by email to inform you if your site is accepted in their program.
You will be able to track your revenue in the Reports tab in your Google AdSense dashboard.
You will start making revenue from Google AdSense, and you can monitor your performance and revenue from your Google AdSense dashboard. Congratulations!