In this article, we are going to cover how to send SMS that include a url link. Having a link in your text messages will allow your customers to click on your SMS, and increase their engagement.
Send an url in your SMS messages
Did you know that you can put a link to a website within a text message? Yep, it’s true… and it’s pretty cool!
So what can you link to in a text message to your customers? There are many options, but a few ideas include:
- your Facebook page,
- your mobile commerce page,
- your website
- a survey,
- a blog post…
Why would you include links in your text messages?
The objective is to get the customers to click on your text messages. This allows you to take your customers directly to the order page on your website, and to track closely the success of your messages. By using the right parameters (such as UTM parameters), you can indeed know exactly how many clicks you got on your links, and where they came from!
How to do it in practice
When sending customers a hyperlink in a text message, there are a few things to remember.
- Don’t forget to include a call to action to tell customers why they’d want to click on the link in the text message.
- Make sure that wherever you’re linking to is mobile optimized, which means it looks good on a mobile phone. Hey will click on the SMS, so of course they’re going to visit your site from their smartphone!
- Transform your URLs in short ones with a link shortener like bit.ly. It will save characters in your SMS and make it easily readable by the customers. This will also allow you to include detailed UTM parameters.
Measuring the clicks
Using a link shortener, like we mentioned above allows you to get detailed statistics about the clicks on the links you include in your text messages. This will allow you to measure the interest raised by a specific campaign, as well as the effectiveness of your messages.
The next steps
Include URL links in your text messages, and increase even further the impact of your SMS marketing campaigns.
- A great guide on how to best UTM parameters for your links
- How to write a great text message that sell
- Which promotional SMS should you send to increase your sales
- SMS Marketing Guides · Promote your Business using Text Messages