Did you know that you can very easily accept online payment from your site or online store in South Africa? In this guide we see how to accept payments by Visa and Mastercard using Yoco. Yoco is a payment gateway available in South Africa, that you can use to receive payments online. It is very quick and easy to setup.
- This setup is based on the payment supplier Yoco, which is available in South Africa
- To follow this guide, you will need to first have created your Yoco account.
- Portmoni is not affiliated to Yoco nor receive any commission on the payments processed through Yoco.
Activate Visa and Mastercard with Yoco on your website and online store
Here are the steps to follow:
1. In your site editor at https://builder.portmoni.com go to “Edit your site” > “Products and online store options”, and click on “Edit / add payment options”
2. Click on “Add payment option”
3. Select the option “Visa, Mastercard with Yoco”
4. Personalize the label and image if you wish
5. Log into your Yoco account at https://yoco.co.za
6. Click on “Sell Online”, then “Payment Gateway”
7. Then, copy your “Live Public Key”, “Live Secret Key”, “Test Public Key” and “Test Secret Key” to the relevant fields in your site editor
8. Double check that that you have copied the keys in the matching fields (if you do not paste in the correct field, the integration will not work)
9. Save the payment option
10. You’re done!
Testing the integration
If you want to test the integration, you can check the box “Activate test / sandbox mode” in your Yoco payment method in your Portmoni site editor. When this box is ticked, the platform will automatically use your test key at checkout, which will allow you to can make test transaction using test card numbers in your site editor. You can find a list of the test card numbers made available by Yoco at https://developer.yoco.com/online/resources/testing-info/
At the time of writing, the test numbers are:
- Test card for a successful transaction: 4111 1111 1111 1111, with any future expiry date (mm/yy) and 3 digit CVV
- Test card for a failed transaction: 5105 1051 0510 5100, with any future expiry date (mm/yy) and 3 digit CVV
Once you are ready to go live, uncheck the box and you will start accepting credit and debit card payments on your online store.
I hope this helps, and please do not hesitate if needed!